Water makes me puke, but somehow pancakes do not. Strange? Everything is strange right now.
My house is nowhere where I want it to be and still needs a lot of work and organization. It doesn't help that I am a walking (more like sitting or laying) pregnant zombie half my days.
I am starting to really miss our families....and the mountains....and the snow.
Mark is leaving me in Kansas... Alone in kansas.... for a week long training.
I still hate the smell of our kitchen.
The brighter side? The lovely brighter side? The continual tender mercies of the Lord side?
- The gospel is true and we can feel the Lords constant guidance.
- We heard our beautiful baby's heart beat yesterday. What a miracle life is. It's unbelievable.
- Mark has a wonderful job making enough that I don't have to jump right into work to further sustain us. I can endure 1st trimester from the comfort of my home.
- We have a couch downstairs... And it will soon be a comfy hangout pad without pink walls.
- The ward here is amazing and are super nice and super welcoming.
- Mark gets to play with tractors and people really like him there.
- I at least have some good days and can eat most food most days.
- There may be no mountains but this place has beautiful sunsets and sunrises everyday.
- There are 50 different churches in Newton. Everyone is so openly religious and loving and don't care if you go to a different church. It is so fun.
- We found an amazing midwife who will see us until we get insurance and will be our support through the whole thing! She also works with an incredible doctor who we will also be seeing.
- Mark met an elementary principle who says she will be looking for my name and can't wait to get me in to substitute.
- BBQ is better, and cheaper, in Kansas.....yummy!
I want to look more toward the brighter side, the happier side. Happier even when it seems like days are being masked by the seemingly bad.
I love that all good comes from our Heavenly Father. Start counting all the good and then you realize how loved you really are. It throws me into a more eternal perspective. I wish I could just constantly have that perspective. Wouldn't life just make so much more sense? Wouldn't our trials seem so manageable and seemingly easy?
Have you ever met someone like that? I have. Am I one of those people? Absolutely not.
Still....I am going to more often strive for that happy, eternal state of mind. I'm going to start by stepping into the brighter side.